Monday, April 9, 2007

Cocoons Can Be Comfortable

The Lord's rising takes many forms doesn't it? I have been taking care of my 94 year old aunt and she fell and broke her hip so I spent Easter beside her bed in the hospital. Times like this allow for lots of reflection and as I listened to the sounds of the hospital on this day of rejoicing I couldn't help but think about the change in life that Jesus experienced and how changes come to us in the most unexpected ways too at times. Jesus' new life was a wonder-full one and it surely is a challenge to see much wonder in the changes we experience in some phases of life, but there is resurrection happening around us. As I leave behind some known qualities and quantities of my life I enter in the newness of another phase of life. Allowing God to lead me into those new phases requires much faith and I watch my aunt knowing that there will be many changes for her that she may not like. I don't always like the changes I face either, but how can I come to know newness without letting go of the old. With her, in hope I say He is risen, alleluia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew
where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!
my web page > funnymariogames