Monday, April 2, 2007

Holy Week=Busy Week?

Here we are at Holy Week once again. I love the liturgies of this week--their symbolism and their quality of remembrance. However, I also find myself making this a busy week what with preparations large and small for Easter. There's food to prepare and of course house cleaning. Then there are all the liturgies of the week and preparations for each of them. I'm trying to keep in mind a sentence I heard in a radio interview this past week. A doctor was discussing the time limitations our health care system puts on doctors and he recalled what one of his mentors had said in an emergency room setting. "Don't just do something, stand there!" That is such a good thought for me. I often find myself frantically DOING and not really thinking about what is, or should be behind the doing. I hope that during these holy days I can have the presence of mind to just stand there and ponder what Jesus has done, what Jesus continues to do and what Jesus dreams of doing in our time, in our world, in me!

No comments: